No really. There just isn’t enough time in my life, in the world, to do all the things I want to do.
- Write & submit at least one piece of erotica per quarter
- Write a novel
- Blogs consistently
- Write blogs of substance
- Read other people’s blogs
- Write a monthly, substantive, column
- Watch TV (Really! There are actually three shows that I WANT to watch.)
- Play Words with Friends
- Play Lexulous
- Cook fantastic dinners – or at least good ones
- Practice good nutrition
- Clean house
- Finish my new website
- Keep up on Twitter – both work and personal
- Keep up on Facebook – both work and personal
- Develop, implement & maintain a cohesive, robust & relevant social media program at work
- Do all the other shit at work that needs doing
- Plan vacations
- Make beaded jewelry
- Finish my degree
- Do yoga
- Have lots of sex
- Get tied up
- Get beat up
- Write about having lots of sex, getting tied up and getting beat up (oh wait I already covered that)
- Help my son with his homework
- Help my daughter set up & paint her new place
- See my mom more than once every six weeks
- Maintain a budget
- Take lots of pictures
- Post lots of pictures
- Hang out on Fetlife & actually contribute to discussions
- Network better
- Straighten my hair
- Completely rebuild my website’s .org
- Learn to use Photoshop better
- Learn to use Dreamweaver better
- Date interesting people
- Have “W-mandated” dates
- Do swinger stuff
- Help Ad find his passion – or least a better job
- Wash my car once in awhile
- Keep my nails painted
- Read & review more books
- Read non-fiction books
- Read my Wired magazines
- Follow-up on all the opportunities that capture my interest
- Go see movies
- See my friends more often
- Nurture my friendships
- Find a hobby that Ad and I can share
- Re-learn Spanish
- Take a drawing class
- Go to the Art Museum once in awhile
- Listen to live music more often
- Finish more playlists on my iPod
- Find more new music for my iPod
- Learn. Everything.
- Do. Everything.
7 thoughts on “So. I can’t do everything.”
Do the stuff you love.
Deal with the stuff you like.
Delegate the rest.
~nod~ That’s what I TRY to do. But…I love to do so many things! I WANT to do so many things! Work just takes up too much time. lol
I don’t think I’d even dare try and make such a list, although if I did some of it would look suprisingly similar to yours. There really just is never enough time for everything, certainly never enough to spend with people we love.
I know the feeling… there are just not enough hours in a day, dammit!
OK… so you are me, or I am you? Not sure which but with a bit of tweeking here and there this is my list….plus add on about 100 more things! I am tempted to make my own list but I am also worried that I might just terrify myself into total inaction!
Sounds like we all need about 8 more hours per day. Huh, maybe those hours we spend sleeping??
And Molly–I keep thinking up new things that I should have included on the list! I am afraid to go back in and add them tho. Like you say, I’d paralyze myself. lol
I feel exhausted just reading the list and I try to have this kind of life, too. I find that it helps to just keep moving.
Hope you get everything accomplished and most of all, enjoy it!